[NEW]Leak Scanner 1.1.4.478 has been released! Get PAID stuff for FREE! Click here to DOWNLOAD

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[AC][Minecraft 1.6.6] the Legend of Zelda: The Shadow Gate Map/Mod
tKm Offline
Registered

[AC][Minecraft 1.6.6] the Legend of Zelda: The Shadow Gate Map/Mod
Introduction:

Hi. I'm tKm, and you probably haven't heard of me, but I've been a lurker on your forums for quite some time now. I am posting this topic in order to raise awareness for my adventure map, and to hopefully provoke discussion, suggestions, and feedback regarding my map.

Download and Install Instructions:

Download Link The contents of this section are hidden for your group. Please register to view them.

This map uses AdventureCraft, which is a standalone mod available for minecraft. The installation is very simple, and requires no manual class file injects or anything of that nature. You can find the mod here:

The contents of this section are hidden for your group. Please register to view them.

You can also find my development blog here. I try to keep this updated regularly.

The contents of this section are hidden for your group. Please register to view them.

IMPORTANT: The map has a couple of bugs that users may experience. Your items will be forced to some slots. Please know that until I can fix this, you will HAVE to place the items in your inventory either on the blue bars or the 4 yellow button hotbar slots. ANY OTHER SLOTS, IF USED, MAY EAT YOUR ITEMS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Oh, and I've fixed this but haven't released the fix yet, as it will be released with the next content addition.

Also, there is a known bug where if you fall in a certain room, you can climb a ladder to get back up but something covers the ladder and you really can't get back up. This has been addressed, but the fix hasn't been released yet. In the meantime, just kill yourself by jumping from a high ledge and you'll respawn with all of your items in place at a respawn location very close to where you were.

Since I've never posted to these forums before, you probably haven't downloaded the map. Here are a few instructions to help you out.

1. Download the file. If you have never seen an adf.ly link before, simply wait until the countdown timer on the top right of the screen expires, and a link to download the file will appear. If, for any reason it doesn't, simply refresh the screen. Please report any difficulties with this to me, and I'll be more than happy to take care of it.

2. Extract the contents of the file to your desktop (or another directory of your choice). The file is a .zip file, so anyone using a Windows based OS should be able to open this without the use of any third party software.

3. Once extracted, you'll need to open the folder and copy the folder inside the .zip folder into your maps directory inside of AdventureCraft.

4. Once you have copied the map over, to begin playing run AdventureCraft. Click on Single Player, then Create New World. You should see my map here. Click on my map, then click done.

5. If you installed the map correctly, you should start in a small room. If not, then you didn't install it correctly.

This video goes over installation as a whole. Note that the example map he uses isn't my map, but the principles are the same.

The Map:

I have been developing this map for a total of 25 hours. At the time of the latest map release, the development time was more around 15 hours. The current map version is v.01.3, which features the starting area. This includes Brightwood Village and the first dungeon.

Additional features that are not a part of the map have been added through javascript. These features are unique to this map.

Here are some screenshots, along with an explanation of each.

This screenshot shows off the custom gui, sprites, and a few of the items you'll find in the current release version.

[IMG]The contents of this section are hidden for your group. Please register to view them.[/IMG] Register

This screenshot shows off a few things. It includes the rupee counter (scans your inventory for rupees in your wallet), forced inventory slots (your current sword will ALWAYS be on the green button slot), the dungeon minimap (useful for keeping track of where you are in the dungeon), and the custom hotbar.

[IMG]The contents of this section are hidden for your group. Please register to view them.[/IMG] Register

I know that seeing is believing, so you can check out the videos I've included in this post and you'll see it in action, but this screenshot shows off the cuttable grass, just like in OoT, MM, WW, and more! Cut grass with your sword to get rupees, hearts, and arrows.

This next screenshot shows off a little bit of the textures that are used, as well as an NPC and sidequest location. Yes, sidequests are possible through AC and javascript.

Gameplay Videos

These videos show the various map features, and do a good job of showing the natural flow of the game. You can see all of the features at work here.

Episode 1:

06-22-2011 10:28 PM
Find all posts by this user
ArtizGamez Offline
Registered

RE: [AC][Minecraft 1.6.6] the Legend of Zelda: The Shadow Gate Map/Mod
that's pretty cool =] thanks for the share
06-22-2011 11:44 PM
tKm Offline
Registered

(06-22-2011 11:44 PM)ArtizGamez Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden for your group. Please register to view them.
Register
No problem! The map is being updated consistently so I'll be sure to update this post as long as users express interest in it here.
06-23-2011 02:27 AM
oparialo Offline
Registered

cool, cant wait to check it out!!!!
06-23-2011 01:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

L33T Forums
Links
GET CONNECTED